Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Username / password prompt

Ken
8 - Asteroid

How can I have the workflow prompt the user for a username and password instead of hardcoding it in the connection?

10 REPLIES 10
Ken
8 - Asteroid
I'm trying to the web meeting thing to work but I may have firewall issues

Ken Higginbotham
D575 Reliability Programs

CONFIDENTIALITY WARNING: This email may contain privileged or confidential information and is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any unauthorized use or disclosure of this communication is prohibited
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Ken,

The attached is a simple analytic app that uses an ODBC connection (Mine happens to be named ALLDB) and then prompts the user for their username and password. Let me know if you were looking for something different!

Ken
8 - Asteroid

Thanks! - Not sure how to get it open so I can see how it work. It prompts but I'm sure my credentials are worng - ?

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I sent a private message to you. Perhaps you need to right click on the file and then choose edit? 

Ken
8 - Asteroid

I'll give it a try - Thanks!

Ken
8 - Asteroid

Bingo - Let me look at that for a minute...

Ken
8 - Asteroid

Perfect - Thanks!

shradha_dup_545
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @patrick

Can you please send me the workflow , this one ask for a username and password which I do not have.

Thanks!!

jfeinsmith
5 - Atom
 wrote:

Hi @patrick

Can you please send me the workflow , this one ask for a username and password which I do not have.

Thanks!!

It is supposed to prompt, which is the whole point of the example.  Rather than doubleclicking on the workflow which immediately executes it, just open it from Designer.  You should be able to pick it apart to see what's going on and then apply same design pattern to your workflows.

Labels