Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Use interface tool to select the location where the output file will be stored

radhikasood1112
8 - Asteroid

I am trying to store the file to a specified location (selected by the interface tool). Can you please help? I want to 

radhikasood1112_0-1628026399079.png

8 REPLIES 8
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Hi - your action tool is configured wrong - you are not updating raw xml - your action tool should be set to update value - then click on your file value and in the specific string - enter the exact string you are looking to replace with the new filepath (ie the original file's filepath)

radhikasood1112
8 - Asteroid

Hi, I have updated the XML. But i haven't been able to update the folder path. This is how it looks

radhikasood1112_0-1628032268902.png

Can you please guide further about the string /path changes?

radhikasood1112_1-1628032335473.png

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

try action tool -

update value (not update XML)

file-value

replace specific string:

%Question.Folder%  but start by pointing to a static file location and use that as the field to update the value of...

Also - is this on gallery/server or on designer?

radhikasood1112
8 - Asteroid

This is on designer. 

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

yeah - then use the instructions to update your action tool as described above... choose a dummy file/dummy location for the output tool and just have the action tool point to that and edit the location.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @radhikasood1112 

Your configuration should be something like this in action tool for updating only the path and not file name.

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1628056334549.png

We need to extract only the path from user input and replace it in our current path.

Hope this helps : )

radhikasood1112
8 - Asteroid

Thanks a lot. it helped me resolve the issue.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Happy to help : ) @radhikasood1112 

Cheers and have a nice day!

Labels