Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Use Tableau Server as a Input Data to Alteryx

bakedsalmon333
5 - Atom

Hi! 

I'm new to Alteryx and was wondering if anyone has tried using data from Tableau Server as input data to Alteryx? I have tried the below flow but encountered the below error;

bakedsalmon333_0-1630583785100.png

2 REPLIES 2
cmcclellan
13 - Pulsar

I use Tableau a lot, but I wouldn't use it as a source for Alteryx.  Where does Tableau get the data from ? that's where Alteryx should be connecting in order to get the data 🙂 

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @bakedsalmon333 

As @cmcclellan suggested, you should probably query the source that Tableau gets its data from.  If you really must query directly from a Tableau datasource then "GET /api/api-version/sites/site-id/datasources/datasource-id/content" is the method that you're looking for once you get your authentication token 

In your current workflow, the XML parse tool is currently configured to use [base_url] as the field with the xml.  Change this to DownloadData.  This is the field that will contain the token if your authentication request is successful.

danilang_0-1630848950672.png

Dan

Labels