Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Unable to Open Archive For Zipping- Multiple Sheets Different Files

dkashmo
5 - Atom

I have a data set that I want to breakout based on a column into different Excel files.  In my example it will be over 100 Excel files.  I am able to add them as new tabs to the same file but when I try and have the sent to a new stand alone file I get the error:  Unable to Open Archive For Zipping

I only get output for the first Excel file and then the error message.

I have this formula created for the File Name:

"\C\TEST\" + [COLUMN NAME] + ".xlsx|Sheet1"

Capture.PNG

I am sure I am missing something small but I cannot figure out what it is.

5 REPLIES 5
JordanB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @dkashmo

During my tests everything looks good except the file location you are writing too.

Alteryx will not create a folder if it does not exist. So if you can make sure you have a TEST folder and correct file path for 'C' this should work.

I would suggest testing with this first: "C:\Users\[USERNAME]\Desktop\"+[ColumnName]+".xlsx|Sheet1"

Best,

Jordan Barker

Solutions Consultant

suli
9 - Comet

Hi @dkashmo,

Do your column values (which get transformed into file name) have some spaces or special characters? As far as I remember spaces in the file path may cause some trouble. You can also try to add Sheet name with $ at the end and in this special quota `` (before 1 on the keyboard, under tilde).

If you need to dynamically create folders - this is possible with command line tool.

Hope this helps. If not you could also try to attach screenshot of the error message?

Good luck!

dkashmo
5 - Atom

Turns out my data had character returns in the column for some of the data results.  Did not see it when I filtered the data but showed up when I starting looking individually at each record.

I removed the character return from the data and it worked without any errors.

Thanks for the help.

Mahadevaswamyb
7 - Meteor

Dear All,

I have the similar issue and I am able to create different files but I also want to create the different sheet in each file.

For Example I have data set contains 10 different company  codes and each company codes have 2 Different GL account details 

in the above  I am able to breakdown company code wise but finding it difficult to create different sheets within each file.

Kindly suggest which anchor may help me to get the result.

Oliver_Sayers
5 - Atom

Create a formula called 'File Location' and add the following formula (you need to have the company code and the GL account details in two separate columns in the data set)

'C:\Users\[USERNAME]\Desktop\'+[Company  Code]+'.xlsx|||'+[GL account details]

Edit the output tool to take file / table name from field and change the entire file path to be 'File Location'

Labels