Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Table reporting tool replacing negative sign with parentheses

abrasch
8 - Asteroid

The Table reporting tool is automatically replacing negative signs with parentheses to represent negative numbers. I believe this became an issue after upgrading to v.2021.4 -- I am putting in a case with Alteryx support, but wanted to post here as well; perhaps missing a new setting in the Table tool?

Data in Select tool before  Table tool
Select tool before Table.png

Data in Table

Table Browse.png

14 REPLIES 14
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@abrasch 2022.1 was released and the release notes indicate this issue was fixed.

abrasch
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @patrick_digan -- I just saw that this morning too and let my team know.
https://help.alteryx.com/release-notes/designer/designer-20221-release-notes

TDSL-4164
GCSE-366
2021.4 defect: The Table tool formats negative numbers with parentheses rather than negative signs as in past versions.2022.1.1.25127Fixed

Hi Ed, I use version 2021.3.4.00445. Changing the numeric to string before the final output is not working. Could you please help in this ?

wellis
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, is this issue fixed in the 2022.1 release that's out there?  It impacts our reporting unfortunately.

EdP
Alteryx
Alteryx

@wellis 

Hi William - Yes, this was corrected in the 2022.1 release.

Ed Phelps
Sr CSE
Alteryx
Labels