Alteryx Designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Don't forget to submit your entry for the Excellence Awards by October 30! | Need more information about the program? Check out the blog here

String limitation error

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

I am having around 2.5 gb of data which I need to report using table tool.Suddenly I started getting Error as String size limit reached: Strings are limited to 2147483648 bytes.Any suggestions on how to resolve,I tried changing data types ,but it did not work.error1.JPGfields.JPG

Highlighted
Alteryx
Alteryx

@dexter90 Do you have a sample workflow/file that you can share? 

Digan
Alteryx
Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

My input file is arnd 2.5 gb and has arnd 87000 rows.Not able to share.Is there any way I can render as a html file without using table tool?

Highlighted
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @dexter90 

Can you share a screen shot of the actual error?

Dan  

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

error3.JPG

Highlighted
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Thanks @dexter90 

How about the configuration of your table tool.

Dan 

Highlighted
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@dexter90 

It looks like the table tool is generating a single temporary string using your data and this string is too large.  @DiganP can you confirm that this is how the table tool works?

Dan 

Highlighted
Alteryx Certified Partner
Alteryx Certified Partner

As explained in the other post, the amount of data input (2.5GB) is too large to be created in a single table/layout/string field as that has a limit of 2.14GB (not to mention the additional space needed for format styling). 

Since the end goal is to render this as an HTML file, the solution I suggested in the other thread was to split the data into multiple tables (getting around the size limit), but applying some style settings to make it appear as a single table. The style setting include:

- Remove the header from all but the first table

- Remove table borders so it isn't clear where one ends and the next begins.

- Fix column width values so all columns line up. 

Labels