Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Stack Multiple Pivots Tables into Single Excel Output

jfsiegried
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I have multiple pivot tables that I created using the cross tab tool in different parts of a workflow. I would like to take these pivot table and stack them, with some blank rows in between into a single output sheet in excel. Many of the pivot tables contain different column headers. I have attached sample data as well as the desired output in excel for reference.

4 REPLIES 4
PeterA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Attached is a quick solution, but do check out the Table & Render Tools on the tool mastery section. (https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Tool-Mastery-Index/ta-p/84593)... and if you want to change that first line of data into a proper header check out the dynamic rename capabilities(https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Tool-Mastery-Dynamic-Rename/ta-p/32...

Spoiler
WorkflowWorkflow
outputoutput

smoskowitz
12 - Quasar

You could create a text input with a few spaces and then do a series of unions. Or you could put in a records ID's in each of the files and then union altogether,

I attached a -- not good solution, but it gets the job one. It's not dynamic. If you want something more dynamic, then a macro might be in order.

jfsiegried
7 - Meteor

Thank you! Is there a way to create a header for each table so that they are labeled? I tried using the header tool and then selecting the header in the report data section of the render tool but I cannot get it to work.

PeterA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@jfsiegried There is.  Check out the REPORT TEXT function.  You can attach it to the table prior to your render.  See Screenshot below:

adding title to report elementsadding title to report elements

Labels