Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Single/First Join

Sam7
8 - Asteroid

Hello, 

I have two data sets:

1. Students: a list of all the exams they need helping on

1. Senior Students: a list of all the experience they can help with

How do I join both lists together without having my data duplicated?  I have used split to column to show Exam Help with column so this shows one subject her field. When I do a join my data join for ever possible match, when I just want to match one and move to the next subject. 

Data below

Sam7_0-1644836362166.png

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Sam7 Can you provide the expected result as well please?

Sam7
8 - Asteroid

Good Point.

I am open here, but somethinglike:

Matt there is no-one to help with Art, with Maths he can join to the first one on senior list Harry, 

Gemma can join on English with Jake

So everyone joins once to a senior based on their subject.  They I can pair them off to work together. I do not know how to correctly pair a student with a senior based on their requirement.  I only want a 1-2-1 relationship. I hope I have explained myself well. 

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Sam7 
Is this something you need?

The null cells mean there is no available pair.

0214-Sam7.PNG

Sam7
8 - Asteroid

I am using VERSION 2021.2.1.35394 therefore I can;t open this. What is the plain round circle doing?

Many thanks. 

Sam7
8 - Asteroid

@Qiu

Please assist, I am having trouble downloading the data as I am using an older version of Alteryx, is there anyone I can download this?  I really wanted to implement this. 

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Sam7 to open this workflow in your version, first open the workflow in a notepad and update the version to your version then save and try to open

binuacs_0-1644848500745.png

attaching @Qiu workflow and macro again

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@binuacs Thank you for your kindness and follow-up. 😁

Sam7
8 - Asteroid

That took some work to understand that.  I am very new to Alteryx. Thank you kindly for your help

Labels