Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Singin Error to Tableau server (using Publish to Tableau Server Install v2.0.0)

Tram
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I am getting the following error:

Status 401: Unauthorized

Signin Error 401001: Error singing in to Tableau Server

I am currently using:

Alteryx version: 2018.3.4.51585

Tableau Server Version: 2018.1.2 (20181.18.0615.1128) 64-bit Windows

Publish to Tableau Server Install v2.0.0 – Alteryx version 2018.2 and Tableau Server 10.5 and newer

My username and password is correct and I confirmed it by logging into the server directly. I found other discussions where the solution is to upgrade the Publish to Tableau Server tool, but I already have the latest version as far as I'm aware. What else could be the problem?

5 REPLIES 5
AngelaO
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

The API currently does not support SAML/SSO.  Please post a request in our Idea Center.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Ideas/idb-p/server-ideas

Customer Support Engineer
AngelaO
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

The API currently does not support SAML/SSO.  Please post a request in our Idea Center...

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Ideas/idb-p/server-ideas

Customer Support Engineer
nbrenner
7 - Meteor

So why does it work the first time?

There were multiple people in our department that tried the tool out and were amazed how simply it worked.  Yet, now, the next time we've tried it no longer works.  Simply giving the "Cannot read property 'token' of undefined" message.  But that's only for new connections.  The original still works and deploys, just not any new uses of the tool in new or the same workflow.

Is there a cache somewhere we can break?

iversen_vasquez
7 - Meteor

Hi, 

Is there any update about this? I've been trying to make the 2.0.0 version work to no avail. I just used the 1.08.1 version because that one works. But ever since we upgraded our Tableau server from 10.2 to 2019.2, the older tool does not work anymore. I now have no choice but to use this version but it has never worked for me. This post has been here since last year, hasn't anyone posted an idea yet? Will this ever be fixed? I'm getting the same error,

Status 401: Unauthorized.

Signin Error 401001 Error signing in to Tableau Server.

My username, password, server URL are all confirmed. I am at a complete loss over this tool right now. I really need to publish my data source to Tableau and I'm resorting to saving a local TDE file to use for my dashboards.

CristianoJ
Alteryx
Alteryx

@iversen_vasquez 

Authentication in the Publish to Tableau Server tool via SAML/SSO is still unsupported.   You would need to login directly to the Tableau Server using either direct authentication with the server or Windows authentication.  It depends on how your Tableau server is configured.

For more information about how to use the Publish to Tableau Server tool use the following article as reference:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/The-How-to-Guide-to-Publishing-to-T...

If you are not using SAML/SSO authentication and continue to have issues, make sure you can connect to the Tableau server URL on your web browser first (as described in the article mentioned above) and if help is still needed create a case directly with Alteryx Customer Support by sending an email to support@alteryx.com.  Included a detailed description containing designer and tool version, a sample workflow, and any other details you dean helpful

Labels