Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Serial number for each process

Shaydoud
6 - Meteoroid

Does Alteryx has an option to number the icons? for instance, while i m talking with my team on a certain Formula process inside a container which has several formulas i m facing some difficulties orienting the team which one i m talking about except by mentioning its predecessor or whatever after!

Any idea or Alteryx still need to add this feature? 

6 REPLIES 6
DataNath
17 - Castor

Do you mean like this? If you just click on a blank area of your canvas and set the 'Annotations' dropdown to 'Show w/Tool Names' that'll do it.

DataNath_0-1651852598353.png

rfoster7
9 - Comet

Already does that. 

If you click on any individual tool and look in hte upper left corner of the configuration pane you will see the tool id number: 

img1.PNG

If you want someone to find that tool based on that number, they can click Edit > Find and look for the ID in the list of all tools that pops up in the find and replace tab. Clicking on it takes them to the tool. 

img2.PNG

Shaydoud
6 - Meteoroid

This what i m looking for, thank you

Shaydoud
6 - Meteoroid

Very useful, thank you. 

Luke_C
17 - Castor

@Shaydoud 

You can also rename them in the configuration of the tool, so in the workflow messages it can be more specific. For example if you have 4 filter tools you can name each one to say what it's doing so if there's an issue you can hone in on it easier

Luke_C_0-1651854069956.png

Shaydoud
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you 

Labels