Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Sending Email

rushabh_shah
8 - Asteroid

I have a workflow scheduled which runs and picks an excel file from a location but the attachment that goes to the client goes as a ".dat" file. Any reason or solution?

Regards,

Rushabh

9 REPLIES 9
SophiaF
Alteryx
Alteryx

@rushabh_shah - what does the configuration of the Email tool look like? Any screenshots would be useful.

Sophia Fraticelli
Senior Solutions Architect
Alteryx, Inc.
VJ_dup_337
7 - Meteor

Hi @SophiaF,

I am facing the same issue. PFB the Screenshot of Email configuration.

Capture.PNG.

SophiaF
Alteryx
Alteryx

@VJ_dup_337 - thanks for the screenshot. what is the .dat file named that the user receives? Is the recipient using Outlook?

Sophia Fraticelli
Alteryx, Inc.
VJ_dup_337
7 - Meteor

User are receiving attachment with Movies.dat name.

Yes, users are on both outlook & gmail.

SophiaF
Alteryx
Alteryx

@VJ_dup_337 - my replication efforts have been unfortunately unsuccessful; as this is most likely specific to your setup/email settings, I would suggest sending in an email to support@alteryx.com so we can troubleshoot offline

Sophia Fraticelli
Alteryx, Inc.
SophiaF
Alteryx
Alteryx

One additional thing you could try is to use the Prepare Attachment macro on the gallery and see if you get better results

Sophia Fraticelli
Alteryx, Inc.
VJ_dup_337
7 - Meteor

@SophiaF

Got the solution.

If we remove the blank spaces for the attachment name then we will be able sent file successfully. 

Eg: File_Name_Date.xlsx instead  File Name Data.xlsx

NIK7GUPT
7 - Meteor

Hi All,

i am facing problem to send the mail via alteryx.

i have tried with 2 different way but unable to do that. Below is the step i followed.

(with Alteryx Trial version )

please refer attachment 3 and 4 for the configuration setup of mail component and error description.

Note: Here i have tried with  unchecked the  auto detect smtp option  and give the address as smtp.gmail.com but  also getting the below error:

Error:Unable to create a socket after looping through all network address for smtp.gmail.com:25.

(With Alteryx licensed version)

please refer attachment 1 & 2 FOR the configuration.

can anyone help me into this.

any help or suggestion will be much appreciated. 

NikhilVedula
6 - Meteoroid

Hi all,

I have a question which i am unable to crack, please help me with the answer if any

In the Event tab we have sent email option there we can see N number of variable defined 

like follows

"Alteryx": %AppName%

Full Directory Location: %Module%

User: %User%
Computer Name: %ComputerName%
Working Directory : %WorkingDir%
Error Count: %NumErrors%
Conversion Errors Count : %NumConvErrors%
Warning Count : %Warnings%

Full Log: %OutputLog%

Where these variables are defined , and can i change them dynamically as per the environments.

Reply and Answer for this would be really helpful and Appreciated.

Labels