Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Save output in the same folder your workflow is in with .\

NJT
11 - Bolide

You can just do .\ and your file name and it will automatically save it where your workflow is saved. If you haven't saved your workflow yet it will end up saving it to a temp location in your Alteryx directory. 

Nice little shortcut I had no idea even existed and per @NeilR you can also just not put a file path there and it will save wherever your workflow is as well, thanks for the tip!  

Saves output to where your workflow is currently savedSaves output to where your workflow is currently saved

3 REPLIES 3
Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Nice tip @NJT!

I'd just add that you could also use "outputdata.yxdb" without referencing any path whatsoever that you'd have the same effect.

When you don't reference a folder, it saves the file in the workflow folder as well.

Cheers,

NJT
11 - Bolide

I thought put that in there, but it wasn’t as clearly stated and I neglected to include a screenshot of that so thanks for the added clarity!

Amjad1
5 - Atom

Also, a good hint You can also do to use when you have generic drive and want to make the path generic so you can load and work on your local
..\ and then it will be saved in the parent folder. 

Labels