Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Salesforces Input error

shashank_shukla
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

In one case I'm working on, I need to get the data from Salesforce.

I can retrieve data from numerous objects using the Salesforce Input tool, and Alteryx designers report that it is functioning fine.

However, I am experiencing a problem when publishing the process to the Alteryx gallery.

I'm experiencing the below-mentioned error.

Error :- RuntimeError: Internal Error: DecryptPassword - buffer too small

The workflow is not functioning and is providing the same issue on the Alteryx gallery side, too.

If at all possible, kindly share the sample workflow and let me know if anything is incorrect.

Thanks And Regards,

SHASHANK R. SHUKLA

5 REPLIES 5
shashank_shukla
8 - Asteroid

Hello @AndrewSu ,

Is it possible for you to send me the download link for latest Salesforce Input Tool?

I tried multiple way but still not able to get the latest version of Salesforce input tool.

Thanks And Regards,

SHASHANK R. SHUKLA

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor
shashank_shukla
8 - Asteroid

Hello @grazitti_sapna ,

Thanks for providing the link.

But the version I am getting on mentioned link is "Salesforce Input Tool 4.2.4" the same version I am using it and getting an error.

If there is any link for latest version of "Salesforce Input Tool".

Thanks And Regards,

SHASHANK R. SHUKLA

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

@shashank_shukla, try this 

Administrators will need to create a new string value PythonAllowHideEncryption under the Alteryx Registry Key:

• Registry Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\SRC\Alteryx
    Value Name: PythonAllowHideEncryption
    Value Data: true
  • Note: This key must be set on each user’s machine as well as on all Worker nodes.
  • Steps to create the new key:
    • Type regedit in Windows Start Menu
    • Browse to the folder location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\SRC\Alteryx
    • Right click and select New > String Value
    • Set the KeyName to PythonAllowHideEncryption and the Value to true

Once this is completed you will need to pull in a new Salesforce tool and re-authenticate the workflow for this to take.

Versions

Server: 2020.4.5.12471

Desktop: 2020.4.5.12471

Salesforce Input: 4.2.4

This is as per what @AndrewSu  has shared.

or you can try changing to an older version and then try to publish your workflow in Gallery.

grazitti_sapna_0-1656322677762.png

Thanks!

Sapna Gupta
Labels