Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Salesforce API Version

ScottWheeler
5 - Atom

How can we get an updated Salesforce Input Tool that is built on the latest API version? The current version you have now can't see any of the Manufacturing Cloud objects. I think 

13 REPLIES 13
TrevorS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @ScottWheeler 

Can you please provide some additional information? 
What version of Alteryx are you using?
What version of the Salesforce input tool are you using?
Thanks!

TrevorS

Community Moderator
SabrinaCB
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @ScottWheeler ,

Would you have an example of a specific object/table you can't see on the connector that is part of the Manufacturing Cloud? Often SFDC objects cross-over the various cloud options (for example Contact is part of Sales and Service clouds). We can check if that object is available via API we are using. If you can't see the object in the drop-down after you log in sometimes there can also be other reasons (permissions, etc)

You can also contact Alteryx Support and we'd be happy to help! If you do contact Support please provide the Designer and Connector versions as @TrevorS noted.

Thanks,

Sabrina

Sabrina Blanck
Sr. Customer Support Engineer – Connectors SME
Alteryx, Inc.
ScottWheeler
5 - Atom

@SabrinaCB

The Manufacturing Cloud objects that we can't see are SalesAgreement, SalesAgreementProduct, SalesAgreementProductSchedule, AccountForecast, AccountProductForecast, and AccountProductPeriodForecast.

joshuasm83
5 - Atom

Sabrina, 

I would very much like to talk to you. 

The object I am trying to get after is AccountProductPeriodForecast and works with the mfg cloud.

aa12on
5 - Atom

I have been having similar issues with the Territory2 Objects since last year. I submitted a case and spoke with someone from Alteryx, but there still has been no resolution.

kyseq
7 - Meteor

To provide some more detail on this:

In preparation of the upcoming Summer 22 Salesforce release (scheduled for June of this year), any integration using legacy versions (7.0 to 20.0) of the SFDC REST/BULK/SOAP API will be retired.  Similarly, versions 21.0 – 30.0 will be retired later this year with the Winter 22 Release. 

Additional details from Salesforce directly can be found using the link below.

https://help.salesforce.com/s/articleView?id=000351312&type=1

Is there something we can do in order to configure what API is being leverage in the Salesforce Input and Output tools? Can we even see what version API is being utilized in our tool today? Lastly, can we get a confirmation of what APIs the current Salesforce connectors leverage today?

MichelleL
Alteryx
Alteryx

@kyseq 

The Salesforce Input 4.0 - 4.3 are on API Version v42 - the ODBC Simba Driver is v45 by default and the version can be changed with a dsnless connection.  https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/How-to-manually-change-your-Salesfo... 

The easiest way to see the API version for a connector tool is going into the folder where they are installed - example:  %AppData%\Roaming\Alteryx\Tools\SalesforceInput_v4.2.4\main.py OR ProgramData\Alteryx\Tools\SalesforceInput_v4.2.4\main.py. See line 41:  self.api_version = 'v42.0'
Naveenbalaji
5 - Atom

Naveenbalaji_0-1649911949118.png

I checked in the folder -  %AppData%\Roaming\Alteryx\Tools\alesforceInput_v4.1.0\main.py and it has Salesforce Input 4.1 version. But when I type salesforce input tool in alteryx, I am getting two options. How do I know which one is Version 4.1. 

MichelleL
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Naveenbalaji  - Drag the Salesforce Input tool onto the Canvas (either one).  Then right click on the tool and hover over Choose Tool Version.  You'll see which is currently selected and you can also switch between versions.

MichelleL_0-1649952545594.png

Labels