Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Returning a value from multiple columns where some contain data and some are Null

mollymann23
6 - Meteoroid

Hi! I have about 15 files that contain about 600,000 accounts within them. The first column contains account numbers and the second column contains dollar values, but some of the dollar values are NULL in a report. The dollar value does not change across the files and many of the accounts exist within all of the 15 files, but there are some accounts that won't exist within all of the files due to terminations and originations.

I've attempted to use a union and a multiple join tool, but this results in multiple gigs of data that takes the workflow too long to run.

I want to return the dollar value for each unique account number that exists within the 15 files and ignore all NULL values to create a master list of account numbers and dollar values.

Please see the attached for sample data and a desired output. Thank you for any help!

3 REPLIES 3
ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @mollymann23 - Please have a look:

ArtApa_0-1642978366708.png

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@mollymann23 
Maybe we can try this?
It will still work even the column numbers change.

0124-mollymann23.PNG

mollymann23
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for the recommendations. I wasn't the most clear explaining how the inputs worked. I ended up converting all of the files to csv and saving them to one folder, so I could input them all into Alteryx at once and then built off of some ideas from each of your solutions - thanks!

Labels