Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Replacing text in one column that is different based on another column being the same

Gr4c3Sult
8 - Asteroid

Hi Community,

Here is my puzzle...

If any of the same vendor IDs say No then all the other rows for the same vendor ID need to say No as well

Thank you in advance for your help 🙂

Grace

4 REPLIES 4
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Gr4c3Sult 

Just to be clear, using your sample data, all the values in the campaign column will be "No" since since all vendors have at least one "No".  Is this correct?  If not, please provide the output that you require and any specific rules.

Dan

cmcclellan
13 - Pulsar

I made the new value NO so you can see the difference 🙂 

cmcclellan_0-1630281340570.png

Gr4c3Sult
8 - Asteroid

Hi @danilang 

Sorry for the confusion.  The actual data set I am using has thousands of rows with some Vendors that will be all yes and some will be all no.  There are hundreds of vendors that have a combination of yes and no and those need to be changed to all no while not changing the other vendors that have all yes and all no.

Grace

Gr4c3Sult
8 - Asteroid

@cmcclellan,

Thank you sooo much!!!! Worked perfectly 🙂 I will be applying the logic of this workflow to many problems!  You saved me countless hours. 

Grace

Labels