Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Replacing Null Fields with Imputation

PeterPetersen
8 - Asteroid

Hi community,

When I use the Impute tool to change a column, it also changes all of the other columns in the data to double.

Why is this?

Best regards,

Peter

4 REPLIES 4
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@PeterPetersen,

I don't know.  If you are changing the values of a specific field, I like to just write the formula myself.

IIF(IsNull([my field]),0,[my field])

or for many fields using a multi-field formula

IIF(IsNull([_CurrentField_]),0,[_CurrentField_])

These are examples where 0 replaces Null.

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
gc
9 - Comet

Good question. I just replicated your result, v 10.6 Designer. If someone else doesn't offer an explanation/solution, maybe as a workaround you could split the columns your data stream with Select tools and Impute  on only the column(s) you choose, then Join them back to the other columns with a shared key (or add a RecordID before you split columns) to do so.

PeterPetersen
8 - Asteroid

Thanks! Now I know it's not just me.

JeffF
Alteryx
Alteryx

This issue is resolved in the 2020.2 release available here: http://downloads.alteryx.com

The latest version of the Imputation tool (v3) is used when adding the tool to the canvas in 2020.2.

To update an Imputation tool in an existing workflow, right-click the tool and select Imputation 3.

SelectV3.png

Labels