Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Render Multiple Excel Sheets - Different Size

oliver_sayers
6 - Meteoroid

I have a report that I output to Excel through a Render. I have selected A3 for size. I would like one of the sheets to not be A3, I would like it a different size.

Is this possible?

Thanks,

Oliver

8 REPLIES 8
KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi Oliver,

Can you use a block until done and output through 2 render tools? Like below,

Image 001 - 20151128 - 171146.png

Kane

kpmike
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, I'm trying to use this solution, but i'm having trouble naming the individual sheets.  I end up just having the second render overwrite the first render file.

KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @kpmike,

You will need the output file in the 2nd Render Tool to point to a different file.

kpmike
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @KaneG, thanks for the quick reply.  So just to confirm, it's not possible to render two different sized sheets in the same excel file?

KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Sorry, I misunderstood.

I cannot find a way currently as you can't specify Sheet names directly. the only way to specify sheet names would be through a Layout Tool before the Render with a Grouping Field, however the 2nd Render still overwrites the first File rather than adding another sheet.

I do advise adding your vote with comment to this idea though... https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Product-Ideas/Render-Tool-Output-Multiple-Tabs-to-One-Excel...

KasiaP
7 - Meteor

Hi, I have the same problem as you describe here.

I am trying to set different page sizes in one excel workbook, but unfortunately with no success.

Did you manage to find any solution?

PoojaSingh88
7 - Meteor

same issue . I need to append tabs using two render tool.However the second render output overwrites the first.

Is there a way around this

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @PoojaSingh88 

Here is one round about way of doing this by adding some white space:

IraWatt_0-1671200370204.png

IraWatt_1-1671200387114.pngIraWatt_2-1671200408368.png

This method I found from this post:

Solved: Can't change column width when Unioning two tables... - Alteryx Community

Labels