Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Removing outliers using Z-score method

ArnabSengupta
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I am new to detecting/ eliminating outliers on big dataset, hence I am posting this question.

I have a dataset which has product and their running time on different instances. I want to eliminate the outliers using Z-score methodology. i am not sure as how should I proceed to that.

I have attached a sample data to this post.

Help is much appreciated,

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
mst3k
11 - Bolide

use the hidden standardized z-score macro. it will convert your numeric values into z-scores. an outlier might be anything more than +/- 3 standard deviations, so then a simple filter tool to filter out records with a abs(z-score)>3

the standardized z-score tool is pretty simple, you could build it yourself the long way. otherwise you'll have to insert a macro, then navigate to the folder where it's stored.. for me the macro/tool is stored here:

C:\Users\.....\AppData\Local\Alteryx\bin\RuntimeData\Macros\Predictive Tools\Supporting_Macros

Labels