Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Random Forest Data Output from Model (R tool)

razzy
8 - Asteroid

HI All,

I did a predictive model  using Random forest. I have my model working well,  i have been able to extract the data from the output of the variable of importance using the code below

# Read in serialized model object
modelObj <- read.Alteryx("#1", mode="data.frame")

# Unserialize model
model <- unserializeObject(as.character(modelObj$Object[1]))

# load library
library(randomForest)

# extract feature importance
importance <- importance(model)

# convert to data frame
output <- data.frame(var = row.names(importance), importance)

# write out data frame
write.Alteryx(output, 1)

What i would now like help with is also to write out the Classification report data that entails ( Precision, Recall, F1score, etc). In addition i would also want to output the confusion matrix data so i could plot it.  Any help would be great as i am not to detailed in R 

5 REPLIES 5
phottovy
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi @razzy ,

I modified the sample predictive workflow in Alteryx to make a basic classification report for you. First, you are able to see a confusion matrix for your training data by looking at "R" output of the Forest tool:

phottovy_0-1653422241486.png

phottovy_1-1653422251467.png

I also added some basic logic to compare the model predictions to the actual values. I didn't calculate each metric but I gave you all the pieces to plug into each formula:

phottovy_2-1653422387709.png 

phottovy_3-1653422402128.png

Hopefully this gets you close to your desired output!

razzy
8 - Asteroid

Thank you so much for responding to this , so my model is  a classification but not binary, i have used your  example but i  was unable to compute Label of (TN,FP, FN,TP). I am attaching my dataset can you please help with how i can go around that. My goal is actual to output a result like this one shown here as a screen shot. I did however got the confusion matrix. Attached is my dataset.

razzy_0-1653505878217.png

phottovy
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

I had some fun with this one. I added a section below my original workflow that I believe calculates the values correctly. For the sake of time, I did not calculate the micro/macro/weighted avgs at the bottom but you should have all the pieces if you want to add those.

Output from your sample data:

phottovy_0-1653512494807.png

razzy
8 - Asteroid

Thank you so much this is amazing.

phottovy
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi @razzy , if my answer helped, please mark it as an accepted solution so others can find it in the future.

Labels