Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

REGEX Expression to Parse 1 Multiple Word Label and 16 Associated Numerical Values

AlteryxIan
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Team, 

New to RegEx and the expression tool, and greatful for any assistance you can provide.

Use Case: Input data contains a category represented by multiple words (ex: "Data Access") and 16 unique numerical values (ex: 2.7) associated with each category, in a single column (see below).

AlteryxIan_0-1659976791298.png

Output from RegEx must reformat so that category and each numerical value given their own column (17 columns in total, desired output format sample below)

AlteryxIan_1-1659976950726.png

Again, thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide. 

6 REPLIES 6
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@AlteryxIan one way of doing this with the Regex Tokenize tool. I used some sample data, if you can provide your input data we can try it out with that.

binuacs_0-1659978300685.png

AlteryxIan
6 - Meteoroid

@binuacs Thank you! Attached is the input data. I'm reviewing the tokenize tool now. 

Thank you very much!

AlteryxIan
6 - Meteoroid

REGEX Expression to Parse 1 Multiple Word Label and 16 Associated Numerical Values This looks great! The only issue I'm having now is parsing the category name (config screenshots below)

AlteryxIan_0-1659979091717.png

AlteryxIan_1-1659979154516.png

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@AlteryxIan @Use one more Regex tool to parse the category name like the sample workflow which I provided you

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@AlteryxIan updated workflow attached

binuacs_0-1659987682377.png

AlteryxIan
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you @binuacs!

Labels