Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Populate an excel template

aka_ash
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I am looking to populate a formatted excel template with data from an output into specific cells.

This template would be need to populated with the relevant data and then output a separate file for each [ID]

I have attached a mock template and an expected output for one of the ID's

Below is some mock data used in the expected output.

Any assistance or tips would be greatly appreciated.

DateIDData 1Data 2Value 1Value 2Value 3Value 4Value 5
1/03/2021RedEastBB16.8820.87210.4
2/03/2021RedEastBB184.980.775210.4
3/03/2021OrangeNorthZZ1590.546210.4
4/03/2021GreenSouthYY756.340.872210.4

Thanks,

Ash

3 REPLIES 3
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@aka_ash 
I have to say this is a quite challenging one, resulting a workflow with a macro inside a macro.

The template has to be modified a bit, since somehow the blank row is illegal for Output tool.

0312-aka_ash-1.PNG0312-aka_ash-2.PNG

aka_ash
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Qiu,

Thank you for looking into this, Unfortunately it looks like the current version that we have of Alteryx does not support some functionality that you have in this workflow.

Would you be able to advise what you did to populate the template or send me some screenshots?

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@aka_ash 
Sorry to hear that we are having different version.

Here are the snapshots, but honestly since it is a macro in macro. therefore it will be difficult.

There is a post here introducing how to downgrade the workflow to your current version.

Follow it step by step and you should be able to open it.

Good luck.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/How-to-downgrade-packaged-workflow-Fil...

Capture1.PNGCapture2.PNG

Labels