Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Parse error at Macro

Inactive User
Not applicable

Hello guys,

I have the following problem. I get a couple of excel files with different structure.  So I used this help to do it:
Reading in multiple files with different Field Schema. - Alteryx Community 

It works very well and solved my problem. But after I have to change a little bit the database, the macro does not work anymore because the column headers start few records below. Addition to that I would like to have the FileName because in that I get the time, where they are created. The workflow of the macro works fine but using it as macro does not work and I get the Parse Error that FileName does not exist... 
Can you help me please? 

pietapa_0-1669976612244.png

pietapa_1-1669976691196.png

4 REPLIES 4
DenisZ
11 - Bolide

This would be a bit hard to troubleshoot without the workflow, could you please post it and create some minimum viable input if your input is classified just to recreate the error?

Inactive User
Not applicable

Hey @DenisZ Thank you for your reply. 
Here is my workflow with the testdata and the macro

KrishnaChithrathil
11 - Bolide

Hey @Inactive User !!

You've a column for getting the name of the file.

The header looks something like this. 'filename'

KrishnaChithrathil_0-1669987008981.png

But you're using 'FileName' somewhere in the workflow. Hence that error. I suggest to check the macro well. You're using 'FileName', but program expects 'filename'.

I could see that error is being triggered from tool 16. I guess that's a formula tool.

This is my understanding. Hope this helps. 😀

Inactive User
Not applicable

Thank you. I solved it by myself. The problem was the "Action"-File. There I selected the second option File - @OutputFileName and not the first one. 
After select the first one it works :D 

Labels