Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Output error: Unable to open archive for zipping

AkisM
10 - Fireball

I have a workflow where some rows should be written to a different tab, some to another, depending on a field called "Server". Attaching below the config of my output tool

outputconfig.PNG

However, when running it, I get the following error:

Error: Output Data (16): Unable to Open archive for zipping: \\serverlocation\serverlocation\Test\ZAS54A8.tmp Error Opening file: \\serverlocation\serverlocation\Test\ZAS54A8.tmp
: The system cannot find the file specified. (2)

How can I fix this?

2 REPLIES 2
Aidan_K
11 - Bolide

Hi @AkisM ,

Create a new field with the file location (path) where file to be updated is saved. Ensure you use include the excel filename and filetype at the end of the full path (e.g. "C:Users\samplefile.xlsx")

Use formula tool to create the "full path" using formula [filepath]+"|||"+[Server].

Then change the option under "Take filename/table name from field" to be "change entire path.." and choose the new "full path" field in the selection box. I find this works for me in smiliar cases.

hope this helps,
Aidan

SanjayVyas
7 - Meteor

Thanks Aidan, worked for me

Labels