Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Oracle Database read speed too slow

Carlos77
7 - Meteor

I have connected my Alteryx Designer to a corporate Oracle database, I need to fetch datasets sometimes with more than 10 million records. The typical number is between 1 and 5 million. Nr. of columns is usually between 20 and 40.

I am testing now the connection, and it takes me around 50-60 minutes to read a dataset of 1.3 million records. This means that a larger set would not be available during a full working day if I started in the morning.

When I am using a competing similar software (KNIME), which uses the same driver (stored in a different folder of course), the same SQL command, the same sample took only 5 minutes.

Reading previous posts in the community, it seems this issue has never been really solved, more just different workarounds are being proposed. I've tried everything I could find here, but no real success.

Unfortunately this topic is a show stopper for me, unless I can get Alteryx to read around 10 million records per hour (or max 2h), I simply cannot use it in my work.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

11 REPLIES 11
Sebastiaandb
12 - Quasar

@Carlos77 

We had a POC last year comparing Powercenter informatica and Alteryx in combination with a Oracle db :-), feel free to send me a pm. 

Greetings,

Seb

drmonaali
5 - Atom

Jimmy,

I have a similar scenario to yours did you find a solution to this.

regards

Labels