Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Optimization error: Tool # 3: The R.exe exit code (3221225512) indicated an error

xiaomofenghai
6 - Meteoroid

I'm facing an error when I use Prescriptive - Optimization, can anyone help explain the error?

Tool # 3: The R.exe exit code (3221225512) indicated an error

Thanks

Shirley

6 REPLIES 6
SydneyF
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @xiaomofenghai

Is your optimization model creating a valid output? I believe that this might be a 'false' error. 

False errors in R are actually return codes from the Microsoft Visual C++ runtime libraries. R considers any return code other than zero to be an error. Although Microsoft hasn't publicly published definitions for these codes, the R Core team has found that these false errors do not impact outputs and should be ignored. A true R error that indicates an issue with a line of code will have a return code of 1.

This post from DrDan explains false errors more thoroughly, and for additional posts referring to false errors, look here and here

Please let me know if this does not answer your question, or if you are having troubles with your optimization output. 

xiaomofenghai
6 - Meteoroid

Hi SydneyF,

Thanks for the reply.

I didn't get output at all. The process stopped and said "R for windows terminal front-end has stopped working; A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Please close the program."

Any idea why?

SydneyF
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi again @xiaomofenghai,

What are the Technical Specifications of the machine you are running this on? Also, would it be possible for you to share your workflow (Options > Export Workflow)? I would love to be able to duplicate the error you are getting.

If you're not comfortable posting your workflow or data, you can email it to support@alteryx.com and I can take a look there.

Thanks!

xiaomofenghai
6 - Meteoroid

Hi SydneyF,

I sent the flow to support@alteryx.com.

Thank you!

SydneyF
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi Again,

So it turns out that The R.exe exit code (3221225512) indicated an error is a very real error relating to how the constraint equation is formatted in a manual input optimization. It indicates that the input equation is not in a canonical form, and therefore the model cannot run. 

There is a really awesome community article on Entering a Model Manually for the Optimization tool where this is documented. 

ak21
5 - Atom

I get this error when trying to minimize a cost by division.....can you optimize a (3.15/x) + (7.83/y) equation as I get the same error code as above.

Labels