Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

ORA-29725 error when querying db

Dan5
8 - Asteroid

Getting the following error in Alteryx: 

Info: Input Data (1): ODBC Driver version: 03.52
Error: Cache (1): Error SQLExtendedFetch: [Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-29275: partial multibyte character

Just a simple Select * from <table>

I am not however getting this error in SQLDeveloper. Any ideas what could be causing this?

Thanks 

1 REPLY 1
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Dan5 

This isn't exactly my area of expertise, but let's see if we can make some progress.

Step 1: find the problem:

I would start out my identifying which fields/values are causing this error. Rather than selecting "*", specify each field in the table, then query each field one at a time until you identify which field(s) produce that error.

Step 2: fix the problem

Once you have identified the field(s), take a look at the field types and a sample of the values in SQLDeveloper to guide the resolution. My Google suggest this error is typically causing by some unexpected characters in string fields. Here's some of the suggestions I found:
Remove specific characters from the field

Convert the field using a different character set

Let us know what you find and maybe the Community can help out. Happy Alteryx-ing!

Labels