Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Not Matching the Data

Srawat
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I am using join tool and Right data is available in Left side data but It is matching only two data, using date and amount.

Please refer attached WF and advise where is error.

Thanks,

8 REPLIES 8
DataNath
17 - Castor

@Srawat data isn't automatically packaged in with workflows and so the example you've provided we can't actually see the data. However, if you're having an issue with joins then it'll be because Alteryx isn't finding an exact match for both fields you're using as the join conditions. If you can provide the data and what you've tried so far, the issue in more detail and what you expect to see in the outcome then it'd be easier to help.

Srawat
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for looking the issue. Here attached the complete data. Thanks.

DataNath
17 - Castor

@Srawat what are you expecting in the output? The tool is performing as expected.

DataNath_0-1663160727207.png

In the part of the configuration above, Alteryx looks at those columns and needs to find an exact match in both fields for a match to take place. Therefore, if there's a difference in either one the records won't match. If you're expecting more records then you can try making it less specific by using only one field? It really depends on your use case and what you're expecting - more info/context is needed.

Srawat
8 - Asteroid

This is pending Right side data which also available in left side . but still not picking in match data. Could you please tell me why?

Srawat_0-1663161125093.png

And this is Left side data.

Srawat_1-1663161219359.png

Thanks,

MilindG
12 - Quasar

I think the group by isnt correct because you used select tool to change date type. Check out this workflow.

Srawat
8 - Asteroid

This WF is not matching anything. Could you please check once.

DataNath
17 - Castor

I think the issue here comes from rounding errors in the data, as warned here. Although the data is displayed to 2 decimal places, the hidden trailing numbers underneath may be different: 

DataNath_0-1663162250713.png

We can see this rectified if I add a Formula tool to each stream and force the rounding to finish at 2 decimal places:

DataNath_1-1663162321479.png

Amended flow attached.

Srawat
8 - Asteroid

Thanks, Perfect solution.

Labels