Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multi-Field Formula Tool - Chang Output to V_WString - changes 'False' to 0

Nicholas_Sinclair
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I am using the Multi-Field Formula Tool to change all fields in my data to a string.

However when I do this i see that fields with TRUE/FALSE values convert to 1/0, how can i avoid this? I need to keep the text as is.

The columns could have different values each time it is ran (e.g. run 1 the first column contains numbers, the next time it is a date, then a text) so this needs to be dynamic.

For example:

Source data

Nicholas_Sinclair_0-1648646936665.png

Output from Multi-Field Formula Tool 

Nicholas_Sinclair_1-1648646967553.png

Setup

Nicholas_Sinclair_2-1648647004130.png

4 REPLIES 4
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @Nicholas_Sinclair 

Alteryx is considering C as a boolean - try using another multifield formula to update booleans first, then the rest of the fields.

Luke_C_0-1648647591543.png

Nicholas_Sinclair
7 - Meteor

Thank you for that suggestion it helps but has thrown another bug, in my actual data i have columns with mostly null values but some values of true or false.

This is now turning all the nulls in to False.

Any suggestions?

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @Nicholas_Sinclair - just need to handle the nulls then. Assuming the field is still being input as a bool then the below should work. Otherwise please provide a representative sample of your data to get the best help.

IF Isnull([_CurrentField_])

Then null()

Elseif [_CurrentField_]

Then 'True'

Else 'False'

Endif

Nicholas_Sinclair
7 - Meteor

Awesome, thank you.

Labels