Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Math Problem has me stumped

Karl_Spratt
8 - Asteroid

Hi Community, 

Sorry, my daughter Math Problem has me stumped, she's asking and honestly, I don't know. 

Can anyone help with the answer? 

I thought it was 1+3+4 = 2+5 but these the Square Root I'm adding not the number squared. I know it's not the usual question, but this has me 

Any help with the answer would be great. 

TIA,

Karl. 

6 REPLIES 6
DataNath
17 - Castor

@Karl_Spratt definitely not a question I expected to see here 😅 though I believe it's 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 - as they need to be consecutive.

Sebastiaandb
12 - Quasar

@Karl_Spratt ,

Here you go ;-)

Sebastiaandb_0-1666345082307.png

Or aren't you allowed to use fractions haha ;-).

Greetings,

Seb

Karl_Spratt
8 - Asteroid

Thanks DataNath

.yes can see this. Brilliant thank you 

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

hi @Karl_Spratt 

Definitely not a common Alteryx community question, but here's how you can use Alteryx to solve it for you

danilang_0-1666445726041.png

danilang_1-1666445756289.png

BTW.  This would make a great Weekly Challenge.  As a bonus they can ask for the the solution to Fermat's Last Theorem😂

Dan 

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

@Karl_Sprattis this standard school or something like Singapore Math/RSM?

While @danilang has provided an awesome way to solve this in Alteryx - you can also skip the first formula tool, set your multi-row formula to create a new Boolean and set it for four rows... Then just use:

(pow([RowCount],2)+pow([Row+1:RowCount],2)+pow([Row+2:RowCount],2))=(pow([Row+3:RowCount],2)+pow([Row+4:RowCount],2)) - and you can quickly find the first number.

Karl_Spratt
8 - Asteroid

Thanks Community, wow some clever people on here..

apathetichell this is a 2nd level school question my daughter was asked (High School in the US) and I was stumped tbh... 

They did it in class and she asked me to work it out, and I couldn't so it was bugging me so I asked you bright people for help, and as always I got help... 

So thank you all  not forgetting : @danilang

Cheers,

Karl. 

Labels