Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Mapserver Error

Awesomeville
7 - Meteor

Hi, I am trying to utilize a new map in Alteryx and I am currently faced with this error. I was wondering if anyone ever encountered something like this? I have tried downloading this particular font and also tried unchecking the creation of shortcut for fonts to no avail.

Awesomeville_0-1573184348952.png

Do let me know if you guys have any idea how to circumvent this.

Cheers,
Nick

5 REPLIES 5
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx
Awesomeville
7 - Meteor

Hi Brandon,

Sorry for the late get back. I did take a look at the link that you sent, but am clueless how do i go about making those changes. First, if i were to drag any spatial file in and attached a browse tool behind and run, where would the checkbox be? When i try to look at the workflow in xml format, I am unable to find anything that has to do with legend style or fonts. Could you point me in the right direction? Or must I definitely use a render tool or the sort?

Cheers,

Nick

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Could you clarify how you are going about using the new map in Alteryx? What steps did you take leading up to the error? Is this just on workflow run?

Awesomeville
7 - Meteor

Hi, as of now because I am testing the map itself so it is a simple workflow run. I am simply opening up any shapefile just to test the map, to see the granularity, will there be any error in the usage and etc, and thats when I get the error. Eventually, I am thinking of having output of data points on the map.

Awesomeville
7 - Meteor

The workaround that I utilized is to open the .map file with a text editor (eg. Notepad++) and change all the 'MEIRYO' fonts to a more generic one like 'Arial' and simply save it. Do note that Meiryo has the greatest ability to render Latin amongst other foreign languages, especially those within Southeast Asia. Given that even with Meiryo, there's certain limitations to the rendering of letters, by using other fonts, it might actually make the accuracy worse off. But well, this should be the next best option available since 'Meiryo' does not even work for me. Hope this helps. Until then! 

Labels