Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Manipulating data into a report

RogerA
8 - Asteroid

Hi all,

I'm trying to get my data manipulated into a certain way.  So from this:

RogerA_0-1597127623760.png

to this:

RogerA_1-1597127669252.png

Basically it's taking the location field and using it as a title for the rest of the data.  I intend to output this as a PDF or XLS file so i can format the title, but not sure whether to change the data first, and then use reporting tools, or solely use the reporting tools to achieve this.

Either way i'm struggling to achieve the desired results.

My example workflow is attached.  Any help appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @RogerA 

Here's one way of doing it:

DavidP_0-1597129032374.png

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @RogerA ,

Here is an approach that can solve the requirement. It maintains the data order also.

atcodedog05_0-1597148924560.png

Hope this helps. Check and let me know.

Cheers and Happy Analyzing : )

RogerA
8 - Asteroid

Thanks both!  Both would work for me, marked the second one as solution purely because it maintains the data order too.  thanks again.

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @RogerA 

Glad you got sorted. For your reference, you can control the Row order in the solution I posted with a RecordID. In the Summarize tool you then bring the minimum RecordID through and sort by Min_RecordID before Transposing, like this:

DavidP_0-1597138021922.png

Labels