Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Macro or Multi-Field Formula?

christopher_ontkean
8 - Asteroid

Hi all,

I am trying to figure out how to dynamically join two types of columns with the same column number. See below for clarification. I need this to be dynamic as the amount of column numbers change so manually joining them is not an option.

End goal is SMARcolumnId1 + columnId1, SMARcolumnId2 + columnId2, and so on...

I am pretty sure it is a simple solution, but I have been staring at this problem all week with no luck.

christopher_ontkean_0-1669164636336.png

3 REPLIES 3
n8rushton
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

2 things pop into my head when looking at this problem and how you're describing it. #1, I think about a dynamic select to bring in [name] = number 3 different times.

The second, is it might be possible with a transpose to digest the name of the column a little more thoroughly.

flying008
14 - Magnetar

Hi, @christopher_ontkean 

Dear, please upload your sample table data about input and output.

christopher_ontkean
8 - Asteroid

Hi all,

I ended up resolving this after talking to someone else. 

Since the "SMARColumnID" was constant for each row and can be correlated to each of the "ColumnID" column numbers, I ended up using a separate table with that info and the dynamic replace tool as a concatenation tool.

Labels