Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Macro asking for data inputs twice

RogerA
8 - Asteroid

I have a workflow which has two data inputs into it, and this runs the data just fine.  I then saved this as a macro, and it's still working fine which is great.  But when using the macro in another flow, I am asked to specify the two data inputs leading into the macro.. again.   Even though they were specified in the macro.

Why do I have to specify the data inputs a second time?

Thanks

Roger

4 REPLIES 4
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus
I'd have to see your macro. I imagine that you setup the macro to ask. If you simplify a new macro to read 1 source and use a macro output after it, then the macro only outputs the data. Compare that to your macro and the issue might come to light.

Cheers,

Mark
Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
RogerA
8 - Asteroid

Thanks Mark

Images attached.  "Macro1" is the macro and you can see i have two data inputs here.  "Macro Used" is the macro on another workflow showing i have to duplicate the source data into it.

Not sure if that helps?

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

Macro1 uses a "Macro Input" instead of an INPUT tool.  The Macro Input defines the schema, but does not include the data.  If you substitute an INPUT tool, then you will not require the input when it is run as part of a workflow.

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
RogerA
8 - Asteroid

Thanks Mark - much better now

Labels