Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Macro Help

Karthick461
8 - Asteroid

Hi Team,

I have created a Alteryx Workflow by taking three different input path. All are txt files. i have used one filter for Date field and restricted for 3 months (  from July 1 to Sept 30 ) and i got proper output as well.

but my clients requirement is they are going to save and use that flow for future also. like Oct to December. Input path will also vary for next 3 months.

So they want to double click on the flow and they need pop up to appear like below screenshot , so that they can enter input paths and dates and run it.

Karthick461_0-1641835722224.png

Any idea on this

4 REPLIES 4
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

It would be better if you set this up as a Alteryx app as when the end users clicks to run your application, a window like your screenshot will appear if they have designer and they can interact with the interfaces you setup. 

Karthick461
8 - Asteroid

If end users doesn't have Alteryx installed means, will it work as an Interface?

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Karthick461 
Unfortunety, the anwser to your question is "NO". it will not work.

Karthick461
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for the Update.

I am using multiple txt files with same format name. like abc_*.txt in my input tool. ( For ex : C\users\KXM41\Test\abc_*.txt)

Next time my input might change to C\users\KXM41\Test22\abc_*.txt . I have tried to set it as Analytical app action. but its not coming properly. Anyway we can get it correct. need to take around 50 files from different folder

Labels