Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

MS Access .accdb New Table With Blank Dates Issue

TR
8 - Asteroid

I'm updating a MS Access table from .mdb (2000-2003 format) to .accdb (2007-2016 format) and am having an error occur when moving the date fields.

Here is my example table with two attributes I'm loading into a new Access table:

Recordset1 = '1' (long integer) and Date1 = '11/20/2017' (Date)

Two outputs: Create new table 'tblDateTest' works fine in the AccessDB.mdb format but fails in the AccessDB.accdb format.

Error: Output Data (5): DataWrap2OleDb::SendBatch: Microsoft Access Database Engine: Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors. Check each OLE DB status value, if available. No work was done.
Insert into `tblDateTests`(`RecordID`,`Date1`) Values (?,?)

Thanks in advance,

Todd

7 REPLIES 7
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

Is it possible to read Date1 as a STRING and output it as a STRING instead of a date?

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
TR
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @MarqueeCrew for the reply, I can read it as a string and output it as a string however I need to store the field as a Date in Access. Now I could probably work on the Access side of things and convert it from a string to a date, however I was hoping to avoid that. Are you able to replicate this as well?

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

Sorry @TR, but I'm allergic to Access.  I don't have it.  I buried it with DBase III and DBase IV.

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
TR
8 - Asteroid

Hahaha, I don't blame you. It's painful for me to even create and update an Access database but it's part of a business function ;)

TR
8 - Asteroid

I've uploaded a sample workflow to further explain this seemingly simple process. Once the 32-bit MS Access database driver (download AccessDatabaseEngine.exe) was installed and the 64-bit version uninstalled this issue was resolved.

byarsmc79
7 - Meteor

I can't use this solution because I am on a 64-bit machine with 64-bit office.  Is there another solution?

TR
8 - Asteroid

@byarsmc79 I believe there is also a 64-bit version of the Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable file.

Labels