Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Load Excel Template and then Save to separate file

SE_Bill
5 - Atom

Good afternoon all!

I've got a workflow where I am looking to open an Excel file that has 2 predefined ranges that I am going to fill as part of the workflow process.  I then want to save this Excel file as a different file name.  So for example "pretty_template.xlsx" would be master sheet that is loaded and the output would be "pretty_spreadsheet.xlsx".  I have the part where it will save the data out if the spreadsheet is already in the "pretty_spreadsheet.xlsx" format, but I am struggling with how to open the master file to insert the data.

TIA!

3 REPLIES 3
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@SE_Bill 
What I can think of is to copy your template file to the target file with a Run Command Tool, then write the data to the target file.

0122-SE_Bill.PNG

echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I suggest making a copy of your template file and saving it with your new output file name. This post has an example you should be able to leverage.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Output-amp-duplicate-template-file/td-... 

echuong1_0-1611275760363.png

SE_Bill
5 - Atom

Thanks all.  I think that idea will work.  Much appreciated.

Labels