Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Linear Regression in Batch Macro

alphasupport
7 - Meteor

Hi All, 

I am trying to create batch macro that will run linear regression and predict sales for each customer segment. Somehow my control parameter isn't updating value to linear regression. 

I assume I have to change some inner xml but I am not able to figure out exactly how to do it. 

I have gone through the KaneG's post about it but not able to configure action tool. 

I am attaching relevant material for you to try hands on. 

Regards, 

PS

5 REPLIES 5
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Here's how I would do it.

In reality you don't need the summerize tool. 

Please post any questions you have.

Ben

alphasupport
7 - Meteor

Hey Ben,

Thanks for your response. 

I opened the workflow you sent but I don't see any parameter setting in macro. its blank. 

I have also done the same thing as you did and I need assistance in setting up action tool so that Linear Regression tool can take input from control parameter. 

Regards, 

PS

alphasupport
7 - Meteor

Dears,

I have been able to resolve this using filter tool in macro. 

Regards,

PS

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi!

Looks like I attached the wrong version to my post! Here's how I did it, very similar to yourself I imagine but actually you don't need the filter tool. 

Ben

alphasupport
7 - Meteor

Hey, 

Thanks a lot for your help. 

Your solution looks better. 

Regards, 

PS

Labels