Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Joining multiple workflows into one output

vvissamsetty
8 - Asteroid

I have two workflows which I wish to combine into one excel file but as different sheets. Can anyone guide me?

4 REPLIES 4
AlteryxUserFL
11 - Bolide
rafalolbert
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi vissamsettyvivek,

Please look at my proposed solution in the attached files.

The trick is to batch writing into every tab and parametrise the output with tab name each time.

This is assuming every input tab may feature different schema and record-set, so these are compressed into 2 sells: headers and records and passed as values into the macro.

I'm sure there are other ways to achieve the same - please let me know what you thing of my solution?

Have fun and all the best!

Thanks,

Rafal

#Excuse me, do you speak Alteryx?

jnans
8 - Asteroid

Alternatively if there are only two workflows you can use the parallel block until, done crew macro.

Your can connect each workflow (in one file) to an input of the block until done and then designate where the output from each workflow will go. This macro is designed to do everything from input 1 to output 1 and then input 2 to output 2. This will not start workflow 2 until output 1 has completed.parallel block until done.PNG

vvissamsetty
8 - Asteroid

Thanks everyone, that was helpful.

Labels