Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Issue/wrong data is reading/picking into the flow.

ShravaniChanda
8 - Asteroid

Hi viewer,

My Alteryx flows is fed with 20 files, and these files gets replaced at every morning 8'clock using UI path solution. Post replacing the files with newest data, the bot triggers Alteryx workflow. (FYI - i am using batch macro to read the all input files)

What happening here is at the first run of each day the input data is matching with yesterday's records, and if i run it for second time it is picking the latest records. Not sure why Alteryx behaving this way.. It's a huge discrepancy which should avoid, bcz few transactions from yesterdays get closed by today and few remains open, but here with the wrongly reading the data the final results are not fair or correct. 

How can we fix this? 

Thanks In Advance!

BR,

Shravz  

3 REPLIES 3
DawnDuong
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

hi @ShravaniChanda 

It seems quite scary if Alteryx "remembers" the data from yesterday which have been over-write...

Is there a chance that the Alteryx run was executed before the data was updated at 8 o'clock? Is it possible to have a time stamp of sort in the data input to know when it was last updated so that the workflow does not run if the time stamp is earlier than 8 o'clock?

If it is highly time-sensitive, I suggest you quickly write to support@alteryx.com. My experience with their response speed is very good!

Dawn.

ShravaniChanda
8 - Asteroid

Hey Dawn,

thanks for yours inputs, you know we have set up a 1 min delay after copying the files to the respective path and triggering the Alteryx,

DawnDuong
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Could there be latency? I'll try a longer delay like 10' and see if this situation persists (or goes away - hopefully) 

Labels