Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Issue joining data to union

wonka1234
10 - Fireball

Hi all,

I am trying to join back my original dataset to the filters and unions I do. (first red box on left)

However I want to keep my same number of records of my unions

wonka1234_1-1648055351794.png

The reason I select column by column, filter out the not nulls then union, is because I append all the non null values in each column to one new formula field.(ID final)

wonka1234_3-1648055465541.png

The issue is i need the corresponding columns from my first select.. so the columns that belong to those non null for each column.

it is abit complicated but any help would be appreciated.

21 REPLIES 21
wonka1234
10 - Fireball

@clmc9601  thanks for all your help! I had another question, some people are confusing me, they are associated with a Mainframe ID and Employee ADMMI  , for example "JOHN.SMITH" but for some reason I do not have this record in your output. Is this being lost somewhere? I see it for alot of people who have names like JOHN.SMITH, with the "." in between.

clmc9601
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

@wonka1234, yes, records are lost where all 12 values in consideration for IDFinal are null. I identified them here, and you can union them back to your desired output if you'd like. 

Labels