Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Issue in Drop down

Kamran1991
11 - Bolide

Hello everyone,

I am try to use 'Drop Down' tool and want to use it with 'Field from connected tool'. I have value like 1.01, 1.02, 1.03 etc.  But these values are not visible in drop down while running analytic app. Can this be related to specific data type ?

Please provide your useful guidance to  tackle it!

Thanks in advance.

Kamran

5 REPLIES 5
JagdeeshN
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hi @Kamran1991 ,

Can you please elaborate further on why you want to use the Field from connected tool option and if your intended option is to display these values from an existing file/data stream?

I ask as the 'Field from connected tool' option will return the column names and not necessarily the values within them.

Best,

Jagdeesh 

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

@JagdeeshNis 100% correct - on a connected tool the columns will get displayed - not the values. To fix this use a cross tab (or use record id/crosstab/dynamic rename)  and then connect to the drop down.

Kamran1991
11 - Bolide

Thanks @JagdeeshN , you got my query right.

Can there be any way to display a values of column in 'Drop Down'?

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

follow the instructions above - or check out this workflow... want to know why it goes through so many steps? crosstab the original field directly to row headers and look at the result...

Kamran1991
11 - Bolide

Hi @apathetichell  and @JagdeeshN ,

Thanks for the help. your solution works for me.

Labels