Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Issue Loading more than 200k rows into Power BI

Simmo2018
6 - Meteoroid

Has anyone else encountered, or more importantly worked around, the limitations of the Power BI API on not being able to load more than 200k rows in an hour via the API? I get these messages trying to run in around 600k of rows into Power BI (using the latest Power BI ouput tool):

Error: Power BI Output (2): Failed to push record(s) to Power BI. 429: Maximum number of requests exceeded in time window. Number of rows in table: 310000. Requests in last 60 minutes: 120. Please retry later.
Error: Power BI Output (2): Failed to push record(s) to Power BI. 429: Maximum number of requests exceeded in time window. Number of rows in table: 310000. Requests in last 60 minutes: 120. Please retry later.
Error: Power BI Output (2): Closing connection to Power BI. Failed to post all rows.

It seems this is standard behaviour from the API (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/developer/api-rest-api-limitations)

However, 200k isnt large, and I can run in my 600k via PBI desktop and publish but I want to leverage Alteryx to do all my Power BI publishing. Any ideas!?

2 REPLIES 2
ShaanM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi 

The error you are getting is indicating only certain amount of rows can be pushed into PowerBI in a certain time frame. This is a limitation on PowerBI side.

The way around this is to place a 'Throttle' tool before the PowerBI tool. The 'Throttle' tool can be found in the 'Developer' tool category. This will allow you to throttle and set how many rows to push through.

Kind regards

Shaan Mistry
Co - Founder : datacurious.ai
Simmo2018
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Shaan,

Throttle will mean the error goes away, but still limits to the 200k rows, I hope Power BI change this limit, 200k rows is not a lot!

Thanks

Matt

Labels