Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Interactive Chart keeps losing individual layer settings

Alekh
9 - Comet

I'm playing around with the interactive chart tool and can't seem to understand how it works. I've selected the transform option to split my data and now have the ability to individually change each point. When I change the setting of one, it changes, but if I change another point, it'll revert the previous one back to the original. Here's a gif showing the problem: https://imgur.com/a/P8J8kzr. I've changed the symbol of the 25%ile to a line, but when I change the 75%ile to a square, it'll reset the 25%ile back to a circle. Am I using this wrong?

4 REPLIES 4
TrevorS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @Alekh 

I would recommend starting with some of the supporting information for the interactive chart.

Below are a few links to help you out!
Interactive Chart Help Doc

Interactive Chart Tool Mastery

Creating Interactive Charts- Interactive Lesson

Thanks,
TrevorS

Community Moderator
kristic
7 - Meteor

I am also having many issues with the interactive Charts and not saving settings for layer styles.. It is very frustrating

Those links do not address anything about how when you alter the color or the width for one layer, then go to another layer and make another alteration, it switches the first layer back to the default.

ghiggins3297
5 - Atom

Has anyone found a solution to this?  Having the same issue.

JFurda
8 - Asteroid

I too came across this when searching for a solution. This is an issue in both Interactive Chart and Insight.

I'm unable to show both points and lines for more than one split layer. Any changes that I make to a separate layer revert as soon as I move to the next layer. I'm using Version: 2021.1.6.53528

Labels