Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Input Latest File from a folder

Mruhullah
6 - Meteoroid

I am trying ti get my latest csv file to be loaded to Alteryx for further process. I have created a process which return the name of the latest csv file but i am unable to read that file. I tried using Dynamic Input but not surer how to enter file name which I am getting from my workflow. Below is my process....... Looking for help

Untitled.jpgUntitled.jpg

11 REPLIES 11
NickC
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello,

Your workflow looks correct from a high level.  What error message are you getting when you run the workflow? 

Make sure that the Input Data Source Template is pointing to a .CSV file.

You don't need to enter the filename as it will be pulled in from the 'fullpath' filed you have selected

Thanks,

Nick

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hey @Mruhullah. I followed the process you laid out in the photos from your post, but it seems as though it should be working. Did you use one of the files from the folder that you put in your Directory tool as the Template file? Could you explain more what the problem is that you're having such as an error or just having no data coming through the Dynamic Input tool? 

Mruhullah
6 - Meteoroid

Below is the error which i am getting. I have the CSV file named "report1507189259630.csv" in my download folder.

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

@Mruhullah Is the 'Input Data Source Template' that you're using in the Dynamic Input tool also a .csv?

Mruhullah
6 - Meteoroid

@Kenda: Got the glitch :)

Thanks for your help.....

NickC
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello,

Please change the settings of the Input Data Source Template so that the delimiter is set to \0  (which means no delimiter).  Also change the field size to 9999999 to ensure all the data comes in.

This should solve your problem, you will be required to parse out the data once it comes in, using the text to columns tool.

Thanks,

Nick

serrico
5 - Atom

Hi, I am using a similar flow but with .xlsx and I keep getting the error "No sheet specified, you must specify a sheet". But I did specify a sheet. See below. Any suggestions?

Riwen
5 - Atom

Bumping this last question.  Where/how do I enter the specific sheet in the dynamic input?

sfyodor
7 - Meteor

Bumping this last question.  Where/how do I enter the specific sheet in the dynamic input?

Labels