Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Immediately stop workflow,when condition is not met

PiyushJain
8 - Asteroid

Hi Team,

Good Morning, 

My issue is regarding " Immediately stop workflow,when condition is not met ".

I am able to bulid the solution using message tool.

Now when i ran the workflow and if "condition is not met", i received error.But the issue is workflow is not stopped here,,it is running for the next  steps  then finally got ended after an hour.

My expectation is ," when first error messages appeared, workflow supposed to be stopped there.

But workflow is taking time to stop.

I am not able to see below option under runtime " cancel running workflow for error" .(possible reason could be i am using macros.) ( Not Sure)

My workflow is very complex. I am trying to explain workflow here ( below).

Datasource : Oracle and Bigdata ( Impala)

Bitbucket : I am using " Bitbucket parameter" as a text input ( where i am connecting  .Json and .Sql files and wokflow proceed with execution ( using different containers. 

I created one workflow with some flag condition and then added with that flag conditional coloumn in bitbucket text input tool and if flag condition is not met ,i received error message. 

But still workflow is  running ,it supposed to be stopped here.

Please advise. 

Regards

Piyush Jain

2 REPLIES 2
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @PiyushJain I find the message tool in the configuration you mention in your question stop data from going further in that specific data  flow. I typically use an append tool to connect the data flows to stop data passing through the rest of the workflow if i'm using a message tool. I've attached an example to this post which showcases what I mean. I would also think about changing the options in the runtime menu and ticking on the option "Stop Processing when limit is reached" and adjusting those settings.

Errors_20211123.JPG

PiyushJain
8 - Asteroid

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for your reply.

The workflow you provide having 2 different datasources.

But in my case only 1 data source is there ( that is Bitbucket Parameter- Text Input)

This text input contains connections via. .json and sql files ( coming from oracle and bigdata) and flag value column. 

Request you to  please advise based on my case..

Regarding runtime option:

My workflow contains macros ,and i belive "runtime" option is not visibal ,when we are using macros.

Please correct me if i am wrong.

Regards 

Piyush J

Labels