Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to validate and control what is new?

Hamder83
11 - Bolide

Hi 

As concept, I do a run where I consolidate excel files into a alteryx database.

I have
01.2021.GLS.xlsx

02.2021 GLS.xlsx

03.2021 GLS.xlsx

04.2021 GLS.xlsx

05.2021 GLS.xlsx 

and so on. I want to add LastWriteTime for the .xlsx files

so when i consolidate them into 2021 GLS.yxdb my consolidation flow only take changed files.

So basicly when I do my consolidating I want to look up what has a LastWriteTime newer than lasttime I did my run, and only consolidate these?

4 REPLIES 4
vsoni
Alteryx
Alteryx

i would use a filter where DateTimeNow() is greater than the lastWriteTime, and then a dynamic input to import only those files.

Hamder83
11 - Bolide

Hi @vsoni 

The alteryx db i attached should be a simpyfied version of my consolidated file.

And I want to base my load of excel files based of the lastwritetime in the previous output file.

So I was thinking I needed to include it to get the lastwritetime from the previous run.

But I dont know how to filter them out, using the dynamic input file?

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Hamder83 

Use the directory tool to get the files info which you would also give to LastWriteTime. You can apply to check if LastWriteTime is greater than the start of today (you can implement any kind of check for LastWriteTime). Use dynamic input tool to read only those files and you can also map the LastWriteTime in data by taking Filename as refrence. Refer below

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1635404644604.png

Hope this helps : )

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Hamder83 

Here is the updated solution you can find and replace tool to map the previous LastWriteTime to check whether current LastWriteTime is greater than previous LastWriteTime 

Workflow:

atcodedog05_1-1635404979854.png

Hope this helps : )

Labels