Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to use the Date interface tool?

jedwards543
6 - Meteoroid

I am trying to use the interface tool for the first time. I would simply like to be able to manually select a date when I run the file. I would like that date to then be entered as the value of a variable.

Currently, I am only able to change the name of the variable to the selected date instead of the changing the variable values themselves.

file.PNGHere is a photo of my file (it is attached as well).

date.PNGI would simply like to change the "Date" variable from "dummy" to the date selected in the date interface tool. I have tried changing the data type to datetime, but it only works with string. It throws an error otherwise. Not sure why.

update.PNG

When selecting "expression" (as currently in the photo), it changes the name of the variable ("Date") to the date selected in the interface tool (ex "2017-05-11"). When I select "field" it changes the value of the variable from "dummy" to "2003." I have no idea where it is getting 2003 from. I would like to change the value of the variable from "dummy" to the date selected in the interface tool (ex "2017-05-11").

Any help is appreciated!

10 REPLIES 10
hpaulina
6 - Meteoroid

Are you able to share this workflow please? I am struggling to make simple example work. Much appreciated. 

Labels