Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to beautify a workflow

Priyanka_Ms
8 - Asteroid

Hi all,

Is there is a way to beautify a workflow? Like it will automatically align the connection wires in a straight line.

My workflows become messy at times 😄 and it takes time to align them.

Thanks and Regards

Priyanka

5 REPLIES 5
Priyanka_Ms
8 - Asteroid

I got my answer:

We can align a few selected tools horizontally (Ctrl Shift -) or vertically (Ctrl Shift +).

Do not select the entire workflow at once, but only parts of it.

Priyanka

pdave87
11 - Bolide

@Priyanka_Ms correct, I want to share few points to your notes. We can segregate the workflow logic with containers i.e. logic 1 in 1st container etc. and use options align horizontally or vertically to only selected workflow connections i.e. align those part that give specific outputs. Macros can become bit complex and it's best to keep the canvas clean and structured so that we can refollow(if we need arises) all the steps and logic build on each step.

Thanks for this question. I do face this frequently and figured out we can also create a proto-type of our steps / workflow on paper before we start building bigger workflows on canvas.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi All,

I found this blog helpful with regards to designing 🙂

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Engine-Works/Make-Your-Workflow-Visually-Impactful-Part-3-Visual-Ef...

Hope this helps : )

pdave87
11 - Bolide

@atcodedog05 This is what I was looking for. Thanks a lot as always 🙂

Priyanka_Ms
8 - Asteroid

@pdave87 Thanks for the valuable suggestions 🙂 

@atcodedog05 Thanks for sharing the blog link 🙂 It has soo much more ways on how Alteryx can make a workflow visually more impactful.

Thanks a lot both of you !! 

Labels