Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to Allow Dynamic Multi select on a List box

MostafaBouzari
8 - Asteroid

Hello Everyone, 

Thank's For this GREATE Community that allows people with different Skill levels ask their question.

I have a chained app and i want to let User to do a  multi-Select based on what he/she has done in previous app so it won't be always the same.

With List box tool User Should be able to do a Filter on it

When i run the app i get this Error:

Filter (12): Parse Error at Char(3): Unknown variable 'False'.

There must be something wrong with my Filters but have no idea where it comes from

There are 3 Inputs(Names are in german sry)

8 REPLIES 8
afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @MostafaBouzari ,

The error seems to be due a compairson you are doing in one of your filters. It seems you are trying somewhere to do a [Field1] = [Field2] which is giving you the result False (as they are not equal).

Check your workflow. This may be the problem.

Regards

MostafaBouzari
8 - Asteroid

How can I do a Dynamic Filter (I Uploaded My App pls check it)

Thanks

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hope this example helps you!

Regards

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Here you go!

App fixed

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Regards

MostafaBouzari
8 - Asteroid

Multi Select is not working(My app did the Selecting one option while this deosn't do that)

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Sorry @MostafaBouzari,

There was a small mistake, didn't update the package lol.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Regards

MostafaBouzari
8 - Asteroid

Could you explain that what you did to make it work

and Thank's for your time

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @MostafaBouzari,

I changed the filters to make a list with them. If you check them you will see it is now an "IN" list.

Also if you check the listbox you can also notice that the make a list has been enabled. That way if you add multiple values they will concatenate one after each other with the proper format:

'2015','2019' etc

I left the rest the same way almost, just deleted the action tool on your selection of year (was not necessary) and aligned the list with the radio buttons to make it more "pretty".

Regards

Labels